The two main types of martensitic are unmodified 410 and modified. The two types are as different in their characteristics as chalk and cheese.
Not to be confused with ordinary 410 martensitic, MRX is manufactured from modified martensitic material and contains higher amounts of chromium (13.5%), some nickel (0.48%) plus molybdenum (2%), which is not found in 410 martensitic. Molybdenum is generally used in higher grades of austenitic, such as 316 marine grade.
MRX is heat-treated in such a way as not to destroy the chromium rich passivation layer, so it needs no sacrificial coatings to enhance its corrosion resistance. This process also gives it excellent hardness and ductility. MRX can be self-drilled easily into steel and aluminium reinforcement without any distortion. With these characteristics and its magnetic properties, MRX remains UK Fasteners' flagship product.
Suitable for any reinforced application
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Excellent axial, torsional and pull out values
- No thread deformation on insertion
- Self drills through both steel and aluminium
- Unique head markings give total traceability
- BBA certification through UKFasteners
UKF: Offers MRX stainless steel fasteners