WindowMASTER® Stainless Steel 20 Year Guarantee
Till and Whitehead, Limited trading as UK Fasteners ("The Company") guarantees that subject to the printed terms and conditions below, that our fasteners will conform to the appropriate British Standards. The fasteners will have a useful life for a minimum period of twenty years during standard and normal application uses without failure in their performance of a substantial nature. For the purpose of this guarantee a failure in performance is defined as being a substantial breakdown in the fastening component so that its structure breaks down or its performance in-situ is impaired to a substantial degree.
Our obligations and limitations under this stainless steel guarantee are here under:
- Under the terms of this guarantee the Company will, primarily by replacement of our product, or otherwise, rectify any failure of our product which is proved to our satisfaction on the proviso that:
- There is no deterioration upon the conjoined item being secured by our fastener, such deterioration affecting the performance, mechanical or otherwise, of our product.
- Our fasteners are not guaranteed for use where corrosive chemicals are present such as chemical plants, breweries and swimming pools unless with the express written permission of the Company.
- Our fasteners must be used in application as set down following a full technical assessment by a representative of the Company.
- This guarantee is limited to specific branded products supplied by the company and used in the following applications:
- Austenitic fasteners of variable diameter and head style that are used for the attachment of window hardware to non-reinforced PVC-U and RCM (reconstituted composite material), the ranges covered in this category are, 3503, 3504, 3514, 3573, 3574, 3575, 3584 & 3585. (These ranges have a "UK" head marking and are non-magnetic).
- Austenitic fasteners of variable diameter and head style that are used for the attachment of window hardware to aluminium reinforced PVC-U, the ranges covered in this category are 3000 & 3400. (These ranges have a "UK" head marking and are non-magnetic).
- Austenitic bi-metallic fasteners of variable diameter and head style that are used for the attachment of window hardware to steel reinforced PVC-U, the ranges covered in this category are 4300 & 4500. (These ranges have a “U K B M” head marking and are non-magnetic apart from the drill point).
- MRX® self drilling fasteners of variable diameter and head style that are used for the attachment of window hardware to steel and aluminium reinforced PVC-U, the ranges covered in this category are 5000, 5300, 5400, 6000 & 6200 (These ranges have a "X" head marking and are magnetic).
- The company will not have any liability for consequential or economic loss arising from breach of this guarantee and also no liability attaches to the company for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, as a result of the user's incorrect selection or use of our fasteners.
- This guarantee specifically excludes the following:
- Relief of the responsibility of the window fabricator from his own duty of care to use and install our fasteners in the correct manner. Furthermore it does not relieve the fabricator from his duty to undertake examination of our fasteners during the fixing process with them and any damaged or clearly defective fasteners must be rejected.
- Relief of the designer of the window to calculate the full loading of the window in all appropriate applications, having taken full consideration of the fastener performance data or recommendations as supplied by the company.
- The company will only be liable under this warranty provided that the company is given notice in writing to our registered office as soon as possible giving full detail as to the alleged failure. Furthermore written approval by the company should be sought prior to any remedial works being undertaken.
- This guarantee will only be effective if all terms of the contract with the company have been observed and fulfilled, in addition to any terms and obligations being due under this guarantee.
- This guarantee of twenty years is only effective for those inspected schemes which comply with the conditions stipulated.
- The company specifically excludes failures caused by chemical or atmospheric conditions for which the fasteners material is not suitable.
- If there is a change of building use this guarantee does not apply.
- This guarantee does not affect existing common law or statutory rights.
- The guarantee is governed in accordance with English law and the company and you submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.